Vulnerability is a Super Power


I decided to re-share this post from November because I love this piece of art and the message that came up for me. Being vulnerable doesn't have to send you into a tailspin of fear that you will be taken advantage of . On the contrary, I now see how vulnerability is in it's own strange way a superpower, I think of beauty that can be used to open and rise up to unforeseen heights.

From November 7, 2011:

So last week I began my exploration in vulnerability, discovered this great TED video, and had some really eye opening conversations, both on and off line. I chose not to punish myself, and I came to the conclusion that the most vital thing is to know when it is safe to be vulnerable.

“We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known, and when we honor the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness and affection." -Brene Brown


Her shape appeared within the watercolor. I simply followed the lines. Her lack of a mouth does not indicate silence.

Wings to fly away, or hover patiently in the air

If I allow myself to crack open, I will find hidden TREASURE

My interpretation of vulnerable: it can leave you upside down, and it can give you room to take flight

1 comment: