Checks and Balances

Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath.  ~Eckhart Tolle


Flower Envy- S.M. Raven

I used to have serious anger issues. I can be a chronic complainer if I don't keep myself in check. When in pain, I am a pretty face with a foul mouth, and it shocks people.
It is generally known that pissing me off is a bad, bad idea.

That said, it is easy to recognize now where so many of my anger issues came from. 
As a child & teen I saw a lot of injustices. 
There were so many wrongs to be righted. There still are. 
In my young mind that was my job. I still do.

The world is full of injustice today. It is also full of useless anger.

I say useless only because if nothing is ever done to solve the problem, the anger never goes away. It isn't wrong to be angry. But ranting constantly doesn't get you anywhere. Holding on to that anger, regardless of how justified you feel, doesn't get you anywhere. 
In fact, that ranting anger might be setting you so far back that it just might well be the reason you can't move forward.

 
Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.  ~Malachy McCourt

I'm not parting with my anger nor am I suggesting that you do so. It can be healthy when utilized for the greater good. For your greater good. Get angry, then do something about it. Complain about something then let it go. Give yourself some breathing room. 
Take a second and choose to believe that the world is not just filled with evil, hate and people who are trying to thwart you. 

Anger has it uses. Use your powers for you food and you can save the world, or at least some of your corner of it.

Just don't spend the rest of your life sitting on your own personal landmine.

No comments:

Post a Comment