Lemon and Ricotta Ziti

 When I made this, I honestly felt that it really needed more lemon, but I am a lemon freak. Taste the ricotta and lemon before adding it to the pasta, that way you can adjust as you need to it. What I love about this dish it that it is quick and that you could easily add a little more or vegetables for something that is nutritious and palate pleasing.



For four servings, you will need:

Coarse salt
1 lb ziti
1 lb ricotta
3 tbsp butter
Freshly grated pepper
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
Fresh chopped herbs (I like thyme or rosemary, but its up to you)

Boil water and salt it. Cook pasta until al dente.

Stir lemon zest, juice and herbs into ricotta. Save 1 cup of pasta water before draining.

 Return pasta to pot, stir in butter and then add ricotta. Season to taste with pepper. If you need to thin the cheese out, add some of your pasta water.

Add a salad and you have dinner in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment