Walking in a Peary Wonderland

I read spirits books the same way I read cookbooks stretched out on my bed like a schoolgirl, legs in the air while devouring every word. I may not yet have the amount of experience that I would like but I feel that mentally at least I am still learning and growing. Earlier this year I joined a great group of women known as Ladies United for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails, aka LUPEC. I love being around people I can learn more from and the amazing talents of this group of ladies is a pretty vast pool!

Buddha's Hand in a jar of neutral spirits

Last night we had the good fortune to party at the magical St. George Spirits a pretty fantastic place by day and even more fabulous by night!  And good fortune came not just from the good food and lovely company but the fact that we got to jump behind the bar to play with the top spirits made in the Bay Area.

My cocktail came out even better than I expected, so I am sharing it here for you!

A Winter's Pear

1 oz Hangar One Spiced Pear Vodka
1/2 oz Luxardo Maraschino
half a lime
two drops bitters

put into a shaker and stir over ice. Strain into a rocks glass with ice. Add two cherries plus some of the juice for color. As the drink sits in the ice it opens up beautifully!


No comments:

Post a Comment